"Red Hot Dog Days"
Mandy Soaking up the Summer Sun!
Friday: July 9th 2:30 PM:
Now that these sizzling summer days are upon us, don't let the heat affect you or your pet. With some safety measures from the hot sun in place, you and your pooch can both have a fantastic fun season.
Here are some good tips to follow:
- Be mindful of the heat...your pet can only release heat by panting or sweat glands in his paws,so limit the amount of time that your dog spends in direct sunlight.
- If your dog spends a lot of time outdoors be sure he is moved into shady areas often. A good rule of thumb though is don't let your pet linger ouside if the temperature exceeds 90 degrees.
- With the heat affecting pavements where your pet walks be sure to check your dogs paw pads that could end up dry or cracked. If your dog is not used to the hot asphalt try applying a bit of petroleum jelly until your pet's pads improve.
- During these hot days keep the water bowls filled and try putting an ice cube inside the bowl to prolong the coolness of the water.
- Please be sure to watch this helpful segment from CBS with great tips on how to keep your pets safe from the heat of summer!
Sunday: July 11th 10:15 AM:
"Decked Out for the Drive"
Mandy ready for her trip!
Hit the road...
Your furry friend loves to travel just like you do.
Here's some simple tips to keep your vacation fun and safe:
When in a park or public area, keep your pet on a leash and don't allow him to wander. Make sure he has a secure collar with a tag that contains contact information in case you become separated.(We love them and don't want to lose them). While you and your pet are playing it "cool" for the summer, check out some fun dog parks in your area. Find one in your area at dog parks USA...another good site is www.tripswithpets.com if your looking for a "Pet Hotel" this site offers numerous Hotel listings and for lodges, beaches, parks and other activities with your dog. It also gives various information on airline pet travels.
For petfriendly campgrounds in the U.S. ,state and county parks, private campgrounds and national recreation areas try www.petfriendlytravel.com or for listings broken down by individual states there is www.petswelcome.com with many ideas for a wonderful trip for you and your favorite pooch.
Hint: Take a break from driving and let you and your pet stretch a little now and then.
And how about those most annoying pests to your friend such as fleas ticks and mosquitoes. The warmer climates are ideal breeding grounds for them.Treat you canine with a product that's not only designed to kill fleas ticks and mosquitoes, but one that kills their eggs and larvae, too...also treat your home environment from infestation.
Check out one that Mandy uses: www.frontline.com.
Wednesday: July 21st 9:10 AM:
"Patriotic Mandy Gets in on the Act"
Mandy is featured in the July issue of Country Sampler magazine. Check her out stylishly posing in Decorate with Crafts on the web site at www.countrysamplermagazine.com. You can also purchase this issue on the web site under back issues. Isn't she charming in her nautical look?
Get your summer style sizzling with the bright ideas and star-spangled decor inside Country Sampler’s July issue! Order your copy now to tour fabulous homes with plenty of patriotic pizzazz and see Mandy!
Sunday: August 1st 6:20 AM:
Mandy loves to visit the beach, and today we head to one.
To ensure that she doesn't get burned I use a non-toxic sunblock with SPF30 on the inside of her ears and on her muzzle. (Yes ! dogs need protection too!) Watch that the sunblock doesn't contain zinc oxide which can be harmful to your dog.
The atmosphere feels cooler by the water yet the sun is still burning your loved pet...so be careful of overexposure,especially if your dog's coat is short or light use sunscreen . If Mandy overexerts herself I put a moist towel over her and she will immediately begin to cool off.
"So Cool Mints"
We have new for the summer "Golden Beach" Blizzard's Bones in a collectible tin.They hold cool and refreshing breath mints in the shape of dog bones for humans. Every Design is Signed by the Artist.
Find them on www.mandysmudroom.com .
And so these wonderful yet blistering days of summer are at our doorstep once more...May you both stay safe and enjoy!
"Dogs are our link to paradise they don't know evil or jealousy or discontent.To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, when doing nothing was not boring...it was peace."
Visit Paws Chicago at www.pawschicago.org Go all paws out!
"Think Poochy Pink"
Wednesday: May 12th 7:30 A.M.
Summer will be fast approaching, and Mandy's busy working out for raising
money once again in the "Bark for Life" cancer walk for the American Cancer Society.
It will be in late summer,but she needs to get in shape for her walk!
- Want to practice before you purchase? Plenty of Animal Shelters welcome volunteer dog-walkers for as little or as much as you can devote.
- Be sure to enjoy the bursts of floral colors, scents, activities, and more with your pooch.
- Before you leave for work, try to take your dog on a 30-minute walk its great for you and your dog!
- Make your dog "smile" take it for a walk!!!
Nature's "Pretty Pink"
Mandy Loves the Garden
Wednesday: May 19th 8:30 P.M.
No dog gets more excited than Mandy about a W-A-L-K.
And it's even a little contagious! One study showed that dog
owners get almost twice as much exercise as those without
dogs-for a total of about an hour a day, most days of the week.
" I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional
love. For me they are the role model for being alive" -Gilda Radner